Chief Librarian : K P Shubha
Library facilitates a fundamental right, the privilege and ability of students and faculty to chose and pursue any direction of thought, study or action they wish
JSSATE Library will provide quality services, resources and lifelong learning opportunities through books and e-resources, a variety of other formats to meet the informational, educational, cultural and recreational needs and interest of its diverse and changing knowledge sources.
The JSSATE-Bangalore Library is a veritable feast of knowledge and is available to students, faculty and researchers. It is presently housed in two floors of the college new block with 2018.18-sq.mts.carpet area. JSS Academy of Technical Education Library has separate Periodical section, Reference Section, Digital Library, MBA Section, Audio/Visual room, Newspaper section, Technical Section, Discussion Rooms.
It has a comprehensive collection of literature predominantly related to engineering, management, and its allied subjects to meet the present and future information needs of the users.
|Mrs.Shubha K P||B.com, MLISc,M.Phil||Librarian|
|Mrs. Keertikumari M Awati||B.Sc, MLISc, M Phil, PGDLAN||Asst. Librarian|
|Mr. Murali||B A, MLISc, M Phil||Asst. Librarian|
|Mr. Kumar D M||BSc, MLISc, PGDBC||Programmer.|
|Mr. B Basavanna||MA||SDA|
|Mr. Chinnaswamy||CLISc.||Library Asst.|
|Mr. S. H. Siddaraju||CLISc.||Library Asst.|
|Mr. Arun Kumar||Helper|
|Number of Volumes in the Library||37836|
|Number Of Distinct Titles||14203|
|Number Of Technical Journals/Magazines(Hard Copy)||09|
|Number Of Magazines||13|
|Number Of E-Journals||8612+|
|Number Of CD’s||1200|
Monday-Friday : 9 A.M. to 9-00 P.M.
Saturday : 9 A.M. to 4-30 P.M.
Library is using Libsoft Software for the library automation purpose. Books can be search anywhere in the campus as well outside the campus through LAN and webopac.
Rules and Regulations
- • The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any book issued against his/her original or duplicate library borrower’s ticket.
- Bags, hand bags and personal books are strictly prohibited inside the library
- The readers are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the library .
- Borrowed library materials are strictly prohibited to take the same again inside the library.
- Under special circumstances, the librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the students only after surrendering the student’s smart cards.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the book.
- Books will be issued subject to availability.
- Reference books, Newspapers and Magazines/journals should not be taken outside the Library.
- The Issue counter shall be closed 30 minutes before the closing of the library.
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library
- Any kind of marking, underlying, clipping of books is absolutely for bidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- A fine of Rs. 100/- will be charged for each duplicate ID card that is lost.
- Central Machine Tools Institute, Bengaluru
- DELNET (Resource sharing)
- NDL (National Digital Library)
|Members||Library Cards||Loan Period|
|Teaching Staff||10||One Semester|
|UG Students||3||Fifteen Days|
|PG Students||4||Fifteen Days|
|Research Scholar4||4||Fifteen Days|
Book Bank: 5 Books will be issued for the whole semester to benefit SC/ST students.
Reference Section: 250 seats accommodation for the Staff and Students to study in the reference section.
Private Study Zone: 4 Separate discussion rooms with white board facilities.
Journals: Library subscribed for 06 technical Magazines (hard copy) and E-journals through VTU consortia.
Library has a separate browsing center for the Internet browsing and e-journals access .Presently It has thirteen systems and more number of systems will be added in the near future. Language lab is also available in digital library.
Media Resource Centre (AV Auditorium)
Library has an air-conditioned Audio/Visual room. Presentations and workshops, seminars & project presentations arranged by the departments.
E-Resources (Publishers wise)
Resource Sharing / Inter Library Loan: DELNET – Library Network: Our institutional library is a member of DELNET. The library can access five hundred fifteen libraries of bibliographical databases of books and periodicals through the online throughout the nation and some of the SAARC countries also. DELNET is very much useful to students, researchers and faculty members for providing the resource sharing using the inter library loan and document delivery facilities at the national and international level.